Kentucky History and Genealogy Network, Inc.
This Site Made possible Through Public Donations From People Like You
Kentucky Census Records
Search For Ancestors
Click Image to Enlarge
About the Site
As we continue to build the site the following options will be available to help in your search.
- Use the search option top of the page or in the sidebar to search and find information for your ancestor.
- You can search by full name, Birth Date (within +/- 2 years of Birth).
- Search by County, Page number (Use Pg and the page number as one word), search by Precinct Name and any other combination of search terms.
- When you arrive on the destination of your search each page has individual listings of households with the head of the household in bold print for each household.
- To view the original census record, click on the thumbnail photo of the record and the document will appear as a full page view.
- To zoom in on a desktop, click the image once to see the transcriptions in more detail.
- On mobile use your finger zoom.
- A link is posted on each census page to an article that tells what is recorded on each census year and a brief description as to why it is recorded.
- A description for each census year is available to help to understand more of what information is available on each document.
- The information available is an interpretation by what is viewed by a volunteer.
- A person who is knowledgeable about a certain family can see what the correct spelling should be if it needs corrected.
- We believe this is a better system to have accurate information than by using a computerized app to decipher.
- If you see and know that information needs to be corrected please let us know in one of our Social Media Groups..